Do you know that you can get Admission directly into 2nd year of any University in Nigeria without Jamb? Yes, you can get admission directly into 2nd year without Jamb if you have any of our ‘A’ level certificate. It is true that St. Catherine’s College of Arts and Sciences is set to commence the ‘A’ level studies in the month of August, 2017. This is informed by the visionary leadership of the proprietress Prof. (Mrs.) Juliana Taiwo who can be described as the pillar of education in Nigeria.
WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT US
St. Catherine’s College of Arts and Science is a brainchild of the St. Catherine’s College. The college has consistently been ranked among the top three Private Secondary Schools in Oyo State. The incredible achievements of excellence for the past couple of years culminated with the idea of introducing Advanced Level programmes.
OUR UNIQUE FEATURE
- A serene and conducive environment free from distractions.
- Residential or Day Student options and 24 hours security.
- Exciting atmosphere of an independent but disciplined environment with the opportunity to make friends for life.
- Tradition of academic excellence
- Life-long learning
- Excellent team of highly qualified and motivated teachers
- Closer personal attention
- Computer-center allowing students internet access.
- Fully equipped laboratories wares and materials for Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- One-to-one personal tutor system overseeing academic, social and emotional welfare.
- Wider options of top Universities both in Nigeria and Overseas.
CAMBRIDGE ‘A’ LEVEL
Advanced Level GCE, is an alternative route by Direct Entry into 200 level in the University in one Academic year. A level exposes students to intricate issues of life that will give stability in the University environment. It reduces the uncertainty in getting admission into the University. Most students are not able to get through the JAMB/UTME by the time they finish their SSCE. On the other hand, 95% of ‘A’ level students get into the University either with the ‘A’ level. ‘A’ level is a qualification. It will be on your C.V. for life! It is flexible. You will not be tied down to a particular University or Country.
CAMBRIDGE AS AND A’LEVEL EXAMINATION
- Arts & Humanities
History, Sociology, Literature-in-English
Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics.
- Social Sciences
Economics, Business Studies, Accounting, Geography
THE JOINT UNIVERSITIES PRELIMINARY EXAMINATIONS BOARD (JUPEB)
The Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) is a new Advanced Level Examination body recently established and coordinated by the University of Lagos. Basically, the programme is similar to the Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) coordinated by Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) and recognized by many universities in Northern Nigeria.
THE UPDATED LIST OF UNIVERSITIES THAT OFFER JUPEB ADMISSIONS
UNILAG, OAU, UNILORIN, UNIPORT, UNN and UNIUYO. Others are FUNNAB, FUTA, FUTO UNICAL, UNIBEN and all the Private Universities.
- JUPEB SUBJECTS
The students upon completion of the programme will be issued certificates based on their level of performance which bear letter grades of A,B,C,D,E or F in each of the three subjects and General Studies paper. The results issued by the JUPEB are graded like Cambridge A/Level results: A (5 points), B(4points), C (3 points), D (2 points), E (1 point), F (0 point).
- The duration of study for both Cambridge A’Level and JUPEB is just 10 months or one academic calendar. We have two semesters per year.
- May/June Set – Students resume in August and complete their A’ Level in June of the following year.
- Nov/Dec Set – Students resume in October/November and complete their A’Level in November of the following year.
TO REGISTER; CONTACT:
St. Catherine’s College of Arts and Sciences
Plot 3 & 5, Phase II,
Near National Unity Museum,
Aleshinloye, GRA, Ibadan,
Oyo State, Nigeria, West Africa.
Tel: 08088733315, 08066331257;
OUR FEES ARE VERY MODERATE AND AFFORDABLE